Kawaii started in Japan in the 1970s. Here it was mainly the girls who started to use a certain writing, to wear clothes in the style of Kawaii, etc. The whole extended to the whole of the Japanese population, then in the 1980s, it spread throughout Southeast Asia. Around the year 2000, kawaiian fashion has finally arrived in the United States and Europe.
However, for our regions, it is often difficult to understand or even strange to see in what situation the Kawaii is used in its country of origin, Japan.
For Western cultures, the concept is inappropriate or seems questionable in some situations. In Japan, for example, kawaii-style mascots can be found in almost every business, authority, and institution.
There, Kawaiian elements also appear in commercials for military and commercial airlines - places we would not suspect.
So, while in the West the goal is to get rid of infantile behavior as quickly as possible, the Japanese tend to delay the moment.
Another cool thing about Kawaiian characters, like Pikachu and Hello Kitty, is that they have very few facial expressions like Disney characters do.
Kawaii characters are therefore extremely stylized characters. This can go until the figure has no mouth at all, as is the case with Hello Kitty.
Kawaii culture is ingrained in Japanese society in such a way that adults read childish comics in public without being watched in a funny way.
As we mentioned before, you can find items like mascots and clothes all over Japan. Banks give their customers soft toys as gifts, and so do campaigning parties, which distribute cute little dolls to voters.
Bands and singers, especially K-Pop ones, are therefore less sexy than cute and sweet.
A FASHION TREND
Kawaii universe can also be used as a description of a fashion trend. Because kawaiian fashion is an important part of the overall concept. Mainly in Japan, but also increasingly in Europe and the United States.
The most important element is certainly childishness. Cute little dresses with lots of lace, frills, bows and typically soft colors are the center of attention. The accessories are also very playful and often bear the imprint of comic characters.
Sometimes Kawaii outfits seem to be almost a bit cosplay and it's no wonder that you feel like Sailor Moon or similar characters. The Kawaii are also the Kigurumis, soft toys in the shape of animals.
KAWAII ARTICLES AND PRODUCTS
There are a lot of Kawaii items out there and you have surely come across them a few times without even realizing it. For example, the beautiful Hello Kitty mug, pencil cases, satchels, purses, etc. with Kawaii designs from cartoons, comics, etc.
Likewise, pens, erasers, cell phone cases, and other similar items often have Kawaii designs, like cute girls with big eyes, cute bears, pandas, etc. The popular '80s Monchichi is also a kawaii figure.
KAWAII - LOTS OF SMILEYS
It is especially typical for fans of this fashion to use a lot of smileys and emoticons when writing lyrics. So you will never see a message from a Kawaii girl, who doesn't have an emoticon in every sentence, expresses the mood or just makes the afterglow more beautiful, sweeter and more childish.
KAWAII FASHION GUIDE
Finally, here's a little guide if you want to dress kawaiian style right now and don't know where and how to start.
It must also be said in the sense that it is not necessary to go to certain stores to buy a finished outfit, but that you can also assemble everything yourself. Because Kawaii is basically an attitude to life and lifestyle.
Here are some practical tips:
- Preferably wear T-shirts and sweatshirts with cute prints, preferably in pastel colors. In every Kawaii outfit, you must use a signage piece. T-shirts or sweatshirts - depending on the season - are particularly suitable here. So use your favorite Kawaii character (cartoon character, anime cover, favorite animal, etc.)
- Preferably use pastel colors. He often combines bold patterns with softer, more childish colors. Cream, lavender, pink, light green, baby blue, etc. are popular colors.
- Many frills are also part of it. The look of the doll, for example, is a true classic. Girls' socks, for example, absolutely must have a frilly edge, or even knots.
- At least a schoolgirl look has its place in a Kawaii fashionista's wardrobe. So pleated skirt (most often checked) with the allure of a school uniform, knee socks, white blouse, waistcoat or jacket.
- Always remember that Kawaii is sort of sexy, but never really reveals much. There is also childish innocence. A short skirt is almost always combined with knee-high socks and a closed blouse or t-shirt.
- Be sure to choose the right accessories that complement the Kawaiian style beautifully. Such lovely jewelry, such lovely handbags, hair ribbons, etc.
- If you dare, you can also dye your hair in a classic Kawaii color, for example pink, lavender or white blonde.
- Include plush toys if possible. These can look outside the backpack, serve as a key ring, etc.
- When it comes to makeup, big eyes take center stage. The mouth is generally more bare or perhaps made up of a soft pink.
- It is also a good idea to follow a relevant Kawaii blog to keep up to date with trends and developments over time.
As you can see, the Kawaii style quickly sets in and can then be transformed into a real lifestyle with the products, home decor and K-Pop music on your cellphone.
In a good online store specializing in Kawaii, you will usually find a lot of interesting things that you can combine well. Because with the Kawaii style, your own creativity is also very important!
InPanda universewe wishsensitize and educateall economic players. By proving thatthe pandas 🐼 are unique animalsas well as any other animal, but also thatprotecting and preservingtheir habitat, we will save manyother species.
We offer you a selectionthe best pajamas, jumpsuits, mugs, key chains,fluff, slippers and decorationssurethe Panda theme.
Join us soon!
🐼Enjoy 15% off your first order with the code BLOG15!