The onigiri Are a kind of Japanese rice ball Made from sushi rice, tight around a salty lining of seafood or vegetables. Compacts and practices, these small salty packages have long been a basic element of the Bento boxes And Japanese charcuteries.
Recently, they have seen a resurgence in popularity with the Food Trucks, where they are prepared fresh and slightly grilled on order.
While the variety of Food Trucks Can cost you 4 or 5 euros per person, preparing onigiri at home is irresistibly economical and easy. For the price of a small piece of fish and a cup of rice, you can prepare for a whole week of lunches.
By adding algae, a pair of scissors and a touch of creativity, you can create all kinds of varieties adapted to children, from pandas to pigs to ninjas.
If you want a hot meal, just make your onigiri slightly grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side in a frying pan of sesame oil.
The outer layer of the rice will become grilled and golden and a bit cracked.
- Cod eggs
- Brine prune
- Teriyaki salmon
- Smoked salmon and green onions
- Kabocha squash jumps
- Trent Pierce's Friso Cream cabbage
- Marine algae (sushi nori)
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Shichimi togarashi (a mixture of Japanese spices composed of sesame seeds, orange peel, and chili peppers)
- Cook a casserole of sushi rice and keep the rice warm. 4 cups of cooked rice will suffice for about 10 to 12 rice pellets.
- Put a bowl of cold water on your workplace so you can wet your hands permanently while you're forming the balls of rice. This will prevent rice from sticking to your hands.
- Wet your hands and take a small handful of rice. Pour the rice into a dense, thin and oblong layer in the palm of your hand.
- Take a small spoonful of the filling in the center of the rice and gently fold the rice around the lining.
- With both hands, form a firm ball with the rice, then gently squeeze to give it the shape you want. I like triangles flattened because they are easy to bite.
At this point, you can roll your ball of rice into sesame seeds, sprinkle with shichimi togarashi, or surround it with an algal band.
If you want to be chic, you can use your kitchen scissors to cut out small forms in seaweed.
Two half circles, two ovals, a small nose triangle and a small tip of mouth Give you a panda.
AtPanda's UniverseWe wishRaise awareness and educateAll economic actors. By proving thatPandas 🐼 Are unique animalsAnd any other animal, but alsoProtecting and preservingTheir habitat, we will save manyOther species.
We offer you a selectionBest pyjamas, combinations, mugs, keyrings,Peaches, slippers and decorationsOnThe theme of Panda.
Join us quickly!
🐼Take advantage of 15 % discount on your first order with code BLOG15!