Learn how to decorate donuts that look like an adorable panda family!
FOR 6 DONUTS
- 6 chocolate cake donuts
- 3/4 cup canned white frosting, melted
- 6 miniature chocolate cookies filled with white
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks, melted
- Dip donuts, face down, halfway into the melted frosting. Let stand until the icing is set.
- Separate cookie sandwiches. Remove and discard the white garnish.
- Using a paring knife, carefully cut two small ear pockets from the top of the donuts and insert a cookie halfway into each pocket.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a resealable quarter-size plastic bag. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag and place the faces on each donut. Use the rest of the melted white frosting to dot the eyes. Let stand until the chocolate is set.
Trick : To create a family of bears, decorate two full sized donuts and a few mini donuts to make baby panda bears.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR PANDAS
Now that you've mastered the semi-homemade version of our Panda Donuts, make it your own! Start with your own powdered sugar icing.
Simply combine 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 tablespoons of milk in a bowl. If the finished product is too thick to dip the donuts in, dilute it with more milk until the consistency is similar to melted chocolate.
OUR FAVORITE FAN DONUT RECIPES
Instead of starting with bakery or store bought donuts, try making one with one of these delicious options.
CHOCOLATE CAKE DONUTS
The cute cocoa donuts are cooked instead of deep fried to cut down on calories (and the mess of a pot of oil).
CHOCOLATE AND BANANA DONUTS
Part Banana Bread, Part Donut: These fried donuts make a tasty breakfast mix.
DECADENT CHOCOLATE DONUTS
A tablespoon of espresso powder makes these baked donuts extra-rich - and suitable for the morning.
OTHER ZOO-INSPIRED TREATS
Are you feeling wild? Discover our other animal recipes!
Icing is the magic that brings these alligator or crocodile cakes to life. Keep an eye out for the mini marshmallows that will be used to make the big seeds and white chewing gum for the teeth!
CUTE OWL CAKE
Donuts serve as eyes for this on-the-go cake creation! Start with any cake flavor for the base, then decorate with frosting, sliced almonds, candy, and nuts.
For a healthy and fun snack, garnish a celery slice with peanut butter. This butter will serve as a glue to hold a hungry animal (cracker) in place.
ADORABLE LAMB-SHAPED CAKE
Practice your ferry skills to give this bah-beau diaper cake a fluffy, furry coat.
Dumbo would be proud of the big pretzel ears that adorn these elephant desserts!