I have prepared some pretty chocolate cupcakes for today. You will need the following ingredients to make the chocolate cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup hot water
For the preparation :
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Fill the mini cupcake tray with cupcake molds.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla and milk and mix until well combined.
- Add hot water and mix.
- Fill the cupcake molds about 3/4 full.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and decorate.
To decorate you will need:
- Ateco 807 Decorator Bag and End Cap (or just use a ziplock back and cut off one end)
- White sanding sugar
- Dark chocolate chips
- Sprinkled pastel confetti (only whites)
- Edible black ink pen
For the steps:
- They are mini. It's hard to see in this photo.
- But since the cupcakes were mini, I was able to use chocolate chips to disguise the little pandas.
- Pandas covered in chocolate chips that are super easy to make.
- Start by frosting your cupcakes. Use a decorative bag with the Ateco tip n ° 807 and you can go through this part.
- Put a small mound of frosting on top. You don't need to completely cover the cupcake.
- Because you're going to squeeze it into a bowl of sanding sugar to cover all of the icing. And when you do, the frosting will spread out and cover most of the top.
- Then you can start making panda faces.
- Insert a piece of chocolate down the side and down to make a nose.
- Then press two nuggets pointed down into the frosting to start on the eyes and two more in position for the ears.
- I used the dark chocolate chips because they are a bit larger in diameter and were better for panda proportions.
- And the advantage of coating them with sanding sugar first is that you can easily reshape the face if necessary without having icing on your fingers.
- If you want to add mouths, try dark or chocolate candies and squeeze them into the frosting.
- Then you just need to finish the eyes.
- Use an edible black ink pen to draw over white confetti shards for dotted eyes, then secure them to the shards with a tiny bit of frosting to hold them in place.
- You can also just apply eye icing if you want to avoid the pin and glitter.
And There you go. Easy little pandas!